Search using Keyword

You can find posts with keywords such as: knee, seasonal, vegan or any topic you wish to find a post related to.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Awaken The Athlete Workout Program




Are you ready?
Do you have some type of plan idea outlined? Are you mentally prepped and know where your benchmark is? Then lets begin our workouts and start looking at nutrition well over the next few weeks! If not, start reading this series from the beginning ;)))

My plan is going to like this:

Frequency: 3-5 days per week weights choosing 3-6 of the listed exercises, choosing one per session of the ones listed beside the muscle group doing 3-6 muscle groups per session.

Exercises: 
  • Squats (Barbell, Sumo, Single Leg or Pistol) (I will pick one of these to do each session, having some flexibility and choice) 
  • Glutes (Butt Blast, Hip Extension, Heel Prints, Weighted Hip Lift) 
  • Knee (Various inner and outer thigh choices, picking one of each) 
  • Shoulders (Single Side Delt Raises, Overhead Press, Rear Delt Pulls or Lifts with Cable or DB) 
  • Core (Vsits, Hanging Leg Raises to Head, Pikes on ball or TRX, Crunches) 
  • Upper Body (One arm Pushups, Pullups and probably do both) 
  • Arms (DB Hammer Curls, Lying DB Tri Extension, Tri Dips feet up with weight, Chins)

Cardio: 0-3 times per week spin very mild for 30-45 mins.

Yoga: daily, specific to heart chakra with added yogic chakra breathing and meditation

Sets & Reps: I have a good idea of the weight I will be using which is moderate relative to me. The sets and reps will fall at 2-3 sets of 10-12 for heavier work and for core and lighter work or conditioning, I will be doing 2-3 sets of 15-25

My umbilicus skinfold reading today came to: 17% bodyfat (I know this is super accurate, and I am fine staying at this until pre comp.)

My weight today sits at: 117lbs (I need to gain at least 10 good lbs of muscle and hydration)

Measurements taken on right side in inches:
  • Chest: 36 
  • Arm: 11.5 relaxed, 12 flexed (this will go up)
  • Waist: 27 (this won't move much)
  • Belly Button: 31.5 (this may drop a tad)
  • Hip: 35 (I need to gain at least an inch of muscle and firming here)
  • Thigh: 20 (here I cry...... 4 inches lost at least, that I need to gain back, the left maybe a tad bigger)
  • Calve: 13 (lost an inch here, I don't need to focus on this, it will go up)
Short post today, loaded with raw data. Tomorrow we round out the summary for this week, goals based on this weeks stats and its consistency with the weeks prior.  Does it coincide with the info you put together the weeks previous, blending that info and how to realistically set and achieve your now general, initial goals?

Here is an example of the comparison poses listed in my Body Comp sheet 2 posts ago.  These are my before photos, taken today.  They are raw and real and helpful to see changes over the months when you retake them again.
Front Relaxed
Front Double Bicep
Side
Back Relaxed
Back Double Bicep

Thank you to Cindy Legare for the comfy Legare Wear Shorts.





No comments:

Post a Comment