Search using Keyword

You can find posts with keywords such as: knee, seasonal, vegan or any topic you wish to find a post related to.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2016

Feeling it out, the First Week Comp Prep


So far so good, my body is taking the jump into training very well.  I did not ease in so much, a lil yes but I did push it and my body took it happily.

Finally getting water in today, lets see if I make 2 gallons or how long it will take me to get to that.  It sounds like a crazy goal but its actually common, athletes take in a ton of water with the extra protein and supplements to keep up with the higher level of training frequency and intensity.

Training is lighter than I remember but not as light as I thought I would have to go.  The soreness and rebellion has been minimal, I can still walk lol.  That helps keep motivation going and eliminates disappointment.

With my studio I have to be creative and modify many of the exercises that I used to do with machines or apparatus.  I have posted one in my media about the T bar Row and will show you more ideas to modify when you are limited in equipment.  Here is the T bar row if you have not seen it.
It’s a great basic back exercise and old skool so this helps those who need to find a way to MacGyver a way to do T bar.



I had to modify my 21s as well since I do not have a formal preacher, but you can use a bench or ball and be creative.  Here is my version.



Cardio is going much better than I expected but after only 3 days training over 5 day span, I dropped 5 lbs.  I had appetite issues so I did eat off diet, has some very high calories foods to help avoid the weight loss but my metabolism is crazy high.  I am hoping with the water intake my muscles will fill better and I will show a few lbs back up again by next week.

Here is a video collage of a few of the exercises I have done mid way through my first week, for legs, back and shoulders.  I use a couple very creative exercises I learned from the competitor trainer guru Mike Davies within this clip.
You will see I have to modify leg curls to singles on cables for a machine type exercise.
Today is Arms and next will be Chest and Leg Shaping.  I will put together some footage and ideas together as I go along to share them with you


.

I hope to better settle into my diet plan over the next 2 days.  If I can get a bit more consistent with digestion then it won't be an issue but when dealing with IBS you have unexpected things to deal with last minute sometimes.

So by the time I finished working on this blog post this morning over a few hours between clients and training, I am 2 out of 8 of my shaker cup serving of water today.
YAY!!!  That’s probably more water than I have had over the past 3 years ;)))
I am stil finding it hard to eat as much or as frequently as I need but keeping at it!

Thank you for following my journey and your moral support, I hope along the way others will find some use of the bits of info I add and post to my blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment